Great Commission Movement of Ghana
Prayer Training Series
HOW TO PRAY
Biblical foundation: Jeremiah 33:3
Learning how to pray is really about developing a relationship with God. Relationships are built on moments of connection. Those moments of connection bond you to another person, and many of them center on communication — the words you say and the way you say them. But how do you do that with the God of the universe?
I. What is Prayer?
II. Who Can Pray and Expect Answers or Results?
- Those who belong to (1 Timothy 2:5; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12).
- Those who pray in the of (John 14:14).
- Those who have a clean (Psalm 66:18; 1 John 1:9).
- Those who have a __ spirit (Mark 11:25).
- Those who come to God (Matthew 21:22; Hebrews 11:6).
- Those who desire to do (Jeremiah 29:13; Psalm 37:4).
III. Why Pray?
- To (John 14:13).
- To God’s command (1 Thessalonians 5:17; Matthew 7:7 – 11).
- To have with God (Proverbs 15:8; 1 John 3:1).
- To follow Christ’s (Mark 1:35).
- Because prayer brings (James 5:16; Hebrews 4:16; 1 John 3:2123).
- Because prayer is necessary for spiritual (Ephesians 3:16-17).
- To acknowledge our on God (John 15:5; Philippians 4:13).
IV. To Whom Do We Pray?
Prayer is to the (Matthew 6:9), in the name of the (John14:13), through the (Romans 8:26-27).
V. When Should We Pray?
- (1 Thessalonians 5:17).
- Definite times (Daniel 6:10).
- Regular (Acts 1:13-14; 2:41-42; 4:18-24).
VI. What Should Be Included In Prayer?
A_________(Psalm 103, 89:1-14).
C (1 John 1:9).
T (Thessalonians 5:18; Romans 8:28, 29).
S (Philippians 4:6).
VII. How Can We Pray with Confidence?
A. ______________(John 15:7).
B. ______________(Matthew 7:7, 8).
C. ______________(Matthew 21:22).
D. ______________(John 16:24).
How am I performing in my prayer life?
Is there a situation in my life in which I need to ask God to strengthen me in prayer?
What life changes might I need to make to improve my prayer ?
Who can I share this with to help the person also grow in the area of prayer?
Gracious Lord, use this study to renew my mind and my heart. Increase my appetite for “that good and acceptable and perfect will of God” (Romans 12:2). Teach me to pray like You taught Your disciples (Luke 11:1). I truly want to learn. In your Son’s Holy name, Amen.
GCMGH © Prayer Series #1 What Is Prayer? Sept/2020